I am a provider and accept clients from most insurance carriers and Employee Assistance Programs, including:
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Arizona
- The Holman Group
- E4 Health
- Anthem Behavioral Health – EAP
- CompPsych – EAP & Behavioral Health
- Mutual of Omaha EAP
- ACI EAP
- Health Advantage EAP
Most clients I see have a combination of coverage which normally include either an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and/or behavioral health coverage provided by their employer. For privacy reasons, some clients choose to pay cash and not their benefits.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Some employers make an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to their employees and their family members. EAP’s are a pre-paid benefit of employment and typically do not have any co-payments or other out-of-pocket expenses. Normally, EAPs offer anywhere from 3-10 visits per family member. Most EAP’s require the employee get a pre-authorization number from the EAP carrier before seeing the counselor. If you have this benefit available to you, please check with your Human Resources Department for the name and contact number for the EAP.
In Network Behavioral Health/Medical Care Coverage
The behavioral health/medical care coverage provided by your health insurance carrier is available to you and other other family members you are paying for; as a result you are considered members covered under your policy. Please be aware that by using your insurance carrier you are allowing me to make a diagnosis and to report my findings to them. This information becomes a permanent part of your files and may have an impact on your future endeavors. If this arrangement is not to your satisfaction or not in your best interest in any way, please discuss it with me during our first visit.
These benefits normally have a co-payment between $15-$50, while others have a co-insurance amount and a deductable instead of a co-payment. Please call my office assistant at 480-759-1641 for assistance in clarifying your benefits and charges.
Out of Network Behavioral Health Coverage
If I am not a provider with your specific health insurance carrier, I can still provide counseling services as an out-of-network provider, so it is important to find out if you have out-of-network benefits available and your financial responsibility. Another option that is sometimes available is for me to contact your insurance carrier and enter into a Single Case Agreement, while I become a member of the network. Please check with your behavioral health insurance carrier for options available.
Additional Insurance Related Information
Please be aware that by using your insurance carrier you are allowing me to make a diagnosis and to report my findings to them. This information becomes a permanent part of your files and may have an impact on your future endeavors. If this arrangement is not to your satisfaction or not in your best interest in any way, please discuss it with me during our first visit.
What if I do not have behavioral health coverage?
If you do not have behavioral health insurance coverage, I can still provide counseling services on a fee-for-service basis. Please contact me to review your financial circumstances and determine a rate.
Other financial details
- I accept payment via credit cards, debit cards, personal checks, and cash. I expect payment at the time service is provided unless prior financial arrangements have been made.
- Checks returned for insufficient funds are charged a $25.00 fee.
- Late cancellations (within 24 hours of the appointment) or no-shows will be charged at your contracted rate. Insurance carriers do not pay for these services and they are solely your responsibility.
- Document completion to an agency or attorney will be charged at $114.00 per hour.
Please be aware that I do not accept clients who currently have or will have court related cases.
- If I am obligated to respond to a deposition or a subpoena issued by the court or your attorney, you will be charged $300 per hour, in 15-minute increments. This includes preparation time, time spent waiting to testify, actual time testifying, or any other time utilized related to your case. Travel expenses as well as all of the above fees are your sole responsibility.
- Please keep in mind that my testimony does not constitute the provision of expert testimony, only testimony as a witness of fact.